Describe your house không phải là một chủ đề hiếm gặp hay quá khó nhằn đối với các thí sinh khi thi IELTS Speaking. Tuy nhiên, để đạt band điểm Speaking cao với chủ đề này, bạn cần đưa ra được câu trả lời mạch lạc, logic, câu cú được liên kết chặt chẽ với nhau.
Do đó, bài viết sẽ cung cấp cho bạn các từ vựng thuộc chủ đề Housing and Accommodation và các cấu trúc ngữ pháp ăn điểm để bạn có thể hoàn thành tốt phần thi này
Từ vựng cho chủ đề Describe your house
Từ vựng về các loại nhà – Describe about your house
- Apartment: Căn hộ
- Flat: Dãy phòng (ở 1 tầng trong 1 nhà khối)
- Penthouse: Một căn hộ đắt tiền, hoặc các phòng cao cấp ở phía trên cùng của một khách sạn hoặc nhà cao tầng
- Apartment building/ block of flats: Tòa nhà chia thành các căn hộ.
- Condominium: Căn hộ ở chung cư
- Bedsit: Căn phòng nhỏ cho thuê (bao gồm giường, bàn ghế, nơi để nấu ăn nhưng không có phòng vệ sinh riêng biệt.)
- Duplex: Căn nhà ngăn cách bằng bức tường ở giữa thành 2 căn hộ riêng biệt hoặc căn hộ 2 tầng với mỗi tầng là 1 căn hộ hoàn chỉnh
- Studio apartment: Căn hộ nằm dưới cùng của tòa nhà
- Bungalow: Nhà đơn giản thường chỉ có một tầng
- Villa: Biệt thự
- Palace: Cung điện
Từ vựng về các phần của ngôi nhà – Describe your house
- Front door: Cửa trước
- Garage: Nhà để ô tô
- Hallway: Hành lang
- Kitchen: Nhà bếp
- Living room: Phòng khách
- Dining-room: Phòng ăn
- Bathroom: Phòng tắm, nhà vệ sinh
- Bedroom: Phòng ngủ
- Roof: Mái nhà
- Driveway: Đường lái xe vào nhà
- Elevator: Thang máy
- Ceiling: Trần nhà
- Fireplace: Lò sưởi bằng lửa
- Floor: Sàn nhà
- Balcony: Ban công
- Staircase/ stairs: Cầu thang
- Upstairs: Tầng trên, gác, lầu
- Wall: Tường
- Window: Cửa sổ
- Yard: Sân (có bờ rào quanh)
- Carport: Chỗ để xe (có mái)
- Attic: Gác thượng
- Back door: Cửa sau
- Dining-room: Phòng ăn
- Door: Cánh cửa
- Doorbell: Chuông cửa
- Double glazing: Kính hai lớp cách âm
- Downstairs: Tầng dưới, tầng trệt
Từ vựng về nội thất trong nhà – Describe your house
- Air conditioner (n): Máy điều hòa
- Armchair (n): Ghế có chỗ hai bên để tay
- Bath (n): Bồn tắm
- Bed (n): Giường thông thường
- Bedside table (n): Bàn bên cạnh giường
- Bin (n): Thùng rác
- Calendar (n): Lịch
- Carpet (n): Thảm
- Chair (n): Ghế thông thường
- Chest of drawers (n): Tủ ngăn kéo
- Coffee table (n): Bàn uống nước
- Cupboard (n): Tủ đựng bát đũa
- Curtains (n): Rèm cửa
- Desk/ table (n): Bàn thông thường
- Doormat (n): Thảm chùi chân ở cửa
- Double bed (n): Giường đôi
- Dressing table (n): Bàn trang điểm
- Fan (n): Cái quạt
- Fireplace (n): Lò sưởi
- Hoover = Vacuum = Cleaner (n): Máy hút bụi
- Mattress (n): Đệm
- Pillow (n): Gối
- Shower (n): Vòi sen
- Side table (n): Bàn để sát tường
- Single bed (n): Giường đơn
- Sofa (n): ghế sofa
- Sofa bed (n): Giường sofa
- Spin dryer (n): Máy sấy quần áo
- Television (n): Ti vi
- Wardrobe (n) Tủ đựng quần áo
Từ vựng về vị trí nhà – Describe your house
|Above||higher than something.||The picture hangs above my bed.|
|Across||from one side to the other side||You mustn’t go across this road here.There isn’t a bridge across the river.|
|After||one follows the other||The cat ran after the dog.After you.|
|Against||directed towards something||The bird flew against the window.|
|Along||in a line; from one point to another||They’re walking along the beach.|
|Among||in a group||I like being among people.|
|Around||in a circular way||We’re sitting around the campfire.|
|Behind||at the back of||Our house is behind the supermarket.|
|Below||lower than something||Death Valley is 86 metres below sea level.|
|Beside||next to||Our house is beside the supermarket.|
|Between||something/somebody is on each side||Our house is between the supermarket and the school.|
|By||near||He lives in the house by the river.|
|Close to||near||Our house is close to the supermarket.|
|Down||from high to low||He came down the hill.|
|From||the place where it starts||Do you come from Tokyo?|
|In front of||the part that is in the direction it faces||Our house is in front of the supermarket.|
|Inside||opposite of outside||You shouldn’t stay inside the castle.|
|Into||entering something||You shouldn’t go into the castle.|
|Near||close to||Our house is near the supermarket.|
|Next to||beside||Our house is next to the supermarket.|
|Off||away from something||The cat jumped off the roof.|
|Onto||moving to a place||The cat jumped onto the roof.|
|Opposite||on the other side||Our house is opposite the supermarket.|
|Out of||leaving something||The cat jumped out of the window.|
|Outside||opposite of inside||Can you wait outside?|
|Over||above something/somebody||The cat jumped over the wall.|
|Past||going near something/somebody||Go past the post office.|
|Round||in a circle||We’re sitting round the campfire.|
|Through||going from one point to the other point||You shouldn’t walk through the forest.|
|To||towards something/somebody||I like going to Australia. I’ve never been to Africa.|
|Towards||in the direction of something||We ran towards the castle.|
|Under||below something||The cat is under the table.|
|Up||from low to high||He went up the hill.|
Từ vựng về chất liệu nhà – Describe your house
- Stone /stəʊn/: Đá
- Glass /ɡlɑːs/: Thủy tinh
- Timber /ˈtɪmbə(r)/: Gỗ
- Concrete /ˈkɒŋkriːt/: Bê tông
- Brick /brɪk/: Gạch
- Marble /ˈmɑː(r)b(ə)l/: Đá hoa cương
Tính từ dùng để miêu tả nhà – Describe your house
- Ancestral house (n): Nhà tổ
- Ancient (adj): Cổ xưa
- Attractive (adj): Thu hút
- Beautiful (adj): Đẹp
- Cozy (adj): Ấm cúng
- Dream house (n): Căn nhà mơ ước
- Furnished (adj): Nhà được trang bị nội thất đầy đủ
- Lovely (adj): Đáng yêu
- Luxurious (adj): Sang trọng
- Modern (adj): Hiện đại
- Small (adj): Nhỏ
- Spacious (adj): Rộng rãi
- Splendid (adj): Lộng lẫy
- Timbered = wooden (adj): Làm bằng gỗ
- Tiny (adj): Bé nhỏ
- Từ vựng tiếng Anh chuyên ngành Nội thất
- Từ vựng tiếng Anh về công việc nhà
- Từ vựng tiếng Anh chuyên ngành Gỗ
Một số mẫu câu (patterns) – Describe your house
- The design is ultra modern.
- My favorite spot in the house is the bedroom.
- I find my bedroom a little bit cramped.
- Although someone might say it’s small, I prefer to think of it as cosy.
- My bedroom overlooks the garden.
Những câu hỏi phổ biến trong chủ đề Describe your house ở bài thi IELTS
Part 1 – Describe your dreaming house
- How would you describe your ideal house?
- What types of house do you live in?
- What 3 things would you want in a house and why?
- What are some words to describe home?
- What makes a nice house?
- What are features of a house?
- How do you describe a warm house?
- What are 5 characteristics of modern home?
- What is traditional house?
- What style of home is most popular?
Part 2 – Describe your dreaming house
Describe your dream home
You should say:
- Where is your dream house located?
- What would it look like?
- When would you like to live in your dream house?
- And explain why this house is perfect for you.
My ideal home would be a high-tech residence near the water with lots of sand and water features. There will be ten spacious rooms, as well as a large swimming pool in the garden and lots of greenery and flowers. A super smart TV, a super smart automobile, and a high-tech robot will be in each room.
The super smart TV will enable me to communicate with pals on distant planets, browse the Internet, send and receive email, and order groceries. A high-tech robot will clean the floors, prepare meals, do the laundry, water the plants, and take care of the pets’ food and watering.
Describe an interesting house or apartment that you have visited.
You should say:
- Where the house or apartment was
- Who lived there
- What it looked like on the outside and/or inside
- And explain why you found this house or apartment interesting.
My friend’s house is the location I want to discuss. My family was invited to a friend’s house for lunch on the weekend last month. The house’s exterior is very attractive and was constructed using a modern architectural style. It is a two-story structure.
The home includes a well-designed drawing room, one kitchen, two lobbies, and four bedrooms with associated bathrooms. The rooms are quite roomy and light. The dining room and drawing room are separated by a wall.
I walked into her home and my mouth dropped open. Much of the interior design was unique. She must have spent a fortune on that, I assumed. Imagine my amazement when I learned that she created the entire decor herself out of branches, ropes, mason jars, and other such items. I really like the floor to ceiling windows that provided a wonderful perspective of the city and lots of natural light.
The home is environmentally friendly since it uses rain-water collection systems to use rainwater and sun-heat-reflecting materials to lessen the need for air conditioning. She informed me that since his father is an architect, he created the design. The house greatly impressed me.
In order to reduce his reliance on external, fossil-fuel based electricity, he has also installed solar power installations. The house’s charm is enhanced by the lovely garden in front of it.
Part 3 – Describe your house
What kind of apartment is the most popular in your country?
Hai loại hình căn hộ phổ biến nhất ở Việt Nam là căn hộ thông thường và căn hộ studio. Loại thứ nhất phổ biến hơn ở sinh viên đại học hoặc những người có thu nhập thấp do khả năng chi trả của nó.
Trong khi loại thứ nhất phổ biến hơn ở các cặp vợ chồng trẻ có một số tiền tiết kiệm hoặc người lao động có thu nhập ổn định vì chi phí của những căn hộ này thường không thân thiện với ngân sách.
What are the differences between the houses that young people and old people live in?
There are a few differences in the types of housing that the young and the old occupy. Since these apartments are typically in high-rise buildings and are surrounded by so many services, like shopping centers, supermarkets, and entertainment areas, the majority of young people these days want to live in the city center where their living standards can be improved.
When individuals reach that age, they typically opt for a place that allows them to stay away from the bustle of city life, therefore detached houses in rural areas appear to be more common among the elderly.
What are the differences between houses and apartments?
There are, in my opinion, many differences between houses and apartments. The two that stick out the most, though, are proximity to facilities and design flexibility.
Regarding the first, people who live in apartments typically have easier access to amenities like shopping malls, gyms, and the like because these residences are a part of contemporary structures whose builders have already incorporated these comforts into their residential areas.
Regarding the latter, it is undeniable that property owners frequently find it simple to renovate or redecorate their living space because they have complete control over it. The opposite is true for flat owners, who typically have to request permission from the building administration staff or the building owner when they want to redesign their units.
Gợi ý dàn bài Describe your house
Để có được một bài nói tốt nhất, bạn cần có sự chuẩn bị kỹ lưỡng. Ở phần thi Speaking, bạn có 1 phút để chuẩn bị cho bài nói của mình. Dưới đây là dàn bài gọi ý để bạn tham khảo cho bài thi của mình.
- Mở bài: Giới thiệu về quang cảnh chung của ngôi nhà
- I want a two-story house surrounded with trees and flowers
- Thân bài: Tả chi tiết về ngôi nhà
- Where is your dream house located? – In my hometown – Nam Đinh.
- What would it look like?
- Four bed-rooms, a living room and a kitchen and a couple of washrooms.
- The theme color is navy blue.
- The front garden will be filled with flowers. Whereas in the back yard, I will plant some organic veggies.
- When would you like to live in your dream house? – I would love to have this dream house as soon as possible. However, with my current financial capacity, I can’t.
- Kết bài: Nói lên được tầm quan trọng của ngôi nhà đối với bạn
- Why is this house perfect for you? – The house is based on my idea of a dream house.
Bài mẫu Describe your house
Bài mẫu 1 – Describe your house
I reside in a huge home. In my home, there are three floors. A staircase and a playroom are both located on the ground floor. Currently, the playroom is empty while I redecorate it. There is a sitting area and a kitchen on the first floor.
There is a large sofa and a tiny chest of drawers in the living area. In the bedroom, there is a sizable double bed and a bedside table with a lamp. A large fridge, an oven, and a microwave are all present in the kitchen.
A bedroom, a bathroom, and a laundry room are located on the upper floor. There is a toilet, a sink, and a shower in the bathroom. In the washing room there is a washing machine and a tumble drier.
Bài mẫu 2 – Describe your house
The majority of people strive to have the perfect house at some point in their lives. For some individuals, a dream home must be enormous and opulent, but for me, all I want is a lovely two-story home surrounded by flowers and trees.
When I consider where my ideal home would be situated, I can only see my hometown’s tranquility. I sincerely wish that my perfect home can be located in this serene rural area because Nam Dinh is where I was born and raised.
I would want a home with four bedrooms, a large, modern living area, a wonderful kitchen, and a few bathrooms. My favorite color, navy blue, will be used throughout the interior of the house as its main accent hue. Additionally, I would plant all of my favorite flowers, such as roses, daisies, and tulips, in the front garden of my home. I’ll start my own kitchen garden in the backyard and grow some organic vegetables there.
I wish I could move into my dream home as soon as possible. But given my current financial situation, it will be some time before I am able to buy my ideal home.
I believe that this home would be ideal for myself for a number of reasons. The main factor, of course, is that I meticulously designed every part of this house and it was entirely constructed based on my vision of a dream home. It will be a peaceful home that will shield me from the bustle of the contemporary metropolis.
Bài mẫu 3 – Describe your house
I’m now living in an apartment with two other friends. It is smack dab in the midst of the city, a hub of activity. At night, the streets are crowded with people from all parts of the city. Although it’s not very large, it’s adequate for me to study. But this isn’t my ideal house.
To be quite honest, I place a lot of importance on the neighborhood and surroundings of my ideal home. I’ve always been fascinated by mountains and the crisp, clean air. Staring out the windows at the breathtaking range of mountains and the pleasant surroundings would make me feel optimistic and energised. I’m now living in an apartment with two other friends.
This is why I picture my ideal house being high up, away from the noise and smog of the city.
I want to use the most straightforward language possible to describe the layout of my home. I don’t like flashy or contemporary architecture; anything straightforward and effective would do. One bedroom, a living room, and a bathroom would be found in a cottage. Given that it is where I spend all of my leisure time, whether alone or with a companion, the living room should be the largest. Around the house, there will also be decorated trees and plants.
Như vậy, qua bài viết mà Unia.vn chia sẻ, bạn đã tích lũy cho mình những từ vựng, mẫu câu và các bài mẫu hay nhất khi nói về chủ đề describe your house. Hy vọng những kiến thức này có thể giúp ích cho bạn trong việc cải thiện kỹ năng speaking của mình nhé!